R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi5
Thread: Schumacher Mi5
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:05 PM
haywood
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
My pair of Mi5's ran pretty well in Vegas. The SpecGT car was awesome up until Friday when the bite went through the roof. I was up to 9th qualifier overall at that time but the car was trying to tip so I couldn't get a clean run. I never had any luck with the 17.5 car but it did feel awesome in the main. We had a ton of conversations in the pits as to what was needed to settle the cars down. I finally talked with some friends about what they did to settle the cars down (they run various brands) and it seemed that most had ended up gluing the tire sidewall on the front. I did this just before the mains and it was the magic touch that was needed. The cars could be driven hard without the worry of tipping. The SpecGT car was going to be awesome but ended up spitting the steering rack out after a light hit on the first lap. The 17.5 car felt great but had a little push. I started in 9th and the entire race was a mess. Overall I'm confident in my setups for next year and gained a ton of knowledge this week. Thanks to everyone else at the race for making it feel like a team of Mi5's.
Where you running the new chassis as well? Did you pull the washers under the arms out?