R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CSO-1 1/10 190mm Touring
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 03:16 AM
malcnz
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Again we run into 'things you CAN fix' vs. 'things you normally should not HAVE to fix.'

And for what it's worth, I have three of these.. my sample size is a bit larger than most. When I mention steering berings specifically, that's because they've gotten sloppy fairly quickly AFTER being shimmed (when assembled) on two cars... the third car was assembled using aftermarket bearings and shimmed the same way, haven't touched them since assembly. The hub bearings, sloppy on two... not sloppy on the third. Again, YMMV.. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of this kit... it is what it is. Years ago I went from TC4's to Corally RDX's. You COULD make either one run well, but out of the box the RDX was light years ahead regarding fit and finish - no more spending an afternoon sanding and fitting Associated gearbox halves. I like to tinker, this car is right up my alley. Having owned numerous other brands over the years, the parts quality is just rather.. eh.

I just didnt like the comment "At this price point it's not a bad value for the average club racer, even with a few out of the box fixes/upgrades ($20ish for some $1 each Avid bearings, I can live with that.) For the experienced racer it has some shortcomings out of the box, but with a little TLC it is a capable ride. " as its just not the case and i have had a lot of brands over the yrs as well.