R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Protoform body
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 10:35 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jon Kerr
Ooh look, I started a little debate. Not having a body sponsor, I wasn't sure if they look at things a little different. Obviously, being sponsored by Schumacher, I'm not going to another car. Same with motors or Batteries. But I just thought bodies being swapped out so easily and often and the cars being so aero sesative, it might throw a little curve into things.
You're exactly right. There are some tracks that some shells just don't work on for one reason or another. I think the best thing a body manufacturer can do is offer a few different bodies for various conditions, i.e. one for Low-bite tight track, one for tight carpet foam tire racing, one for high-speed flowing rubber tire.

The other real issues are brand of car and driving/set-up style. I for one was never a fan of the original Protoform Stratus. To me it just felt "dead" like it made very little downforce. My favorite PF body was the Alfa 2.0.

But as you can tell by my signature, I'm a Parma only guy now. The Parma Alfa has worked best for me under every situation I've run it. No offense to Dale, as his products are spectacular. I just never found a body that suited my particular needs in his line-up.