R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)
Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 AM
[email protected]
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
no problem! thanks for taking your time to weight the buggy 3,05kg is soooo light it's very good news

I managed to have a 3kg 808 but needed a short course motor with 2s lipos (the t8i wasn't available back then) and that was the extreme limit on a 1/8 scale (heat and amperage)

It must be great to drive at this weight, how do you like it?

can't wait for the vid!
I really like the XB9E, I have always been what some would say a service nut. I always like to make sure every thing is clean and in good working order. So I tear down a lot. All components are very easy to get to and service. I have been pushing very hard and wear and tear in the drive is very minimal . Tracks around me are usually very dusty and the shock boots are doing a great job keeping dust out. I was amazed when I took them apart and the fluid came out very clean .The boots are lasting a very long time. My first build went smooth and just no problems at all , all parts fit perfect. I push my battery all the way to the back and for me seems the balance is very good. On jumps it just seems It takes of and lands very well. I changed the setup just a little over factory setup and I feel it is good now for me. Most local tracks here are small , bumpy and very dusty and a lot of tight turns, and the buggy is handling the slick surfaces well. I was asked about zip tie on the ESC , its there just because, not actually holding down the ESC , I use a marine type Velcro so that in emergency I could remove and replace quickly if needed,and I feel the very thick Velcro has more shock absorbency than foam tape to re-leave some of the stress on the ESC. I have no complaints at all. I am running 14t pinion since tracks are small . I am using stock metal spur and its not noisy as I thought it might be, actually very quiet. All I need is just on track time .