R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Bubonic-X
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longlivethe3
I'm just trying to look at with wide glasses and look at what is good for our hobby-attracting and KEEPING new racers and making it a good experitoence. Worlds and Cactus are top level events and Itreat can see the sugar reasoning. The state championships is something that 'B' level racers or below can and should race but if the 'experience' is trying it can be the turd in the punch bowl. I had fun on the grape soda track at states last year but it was very difficult in my eyes trying to get a handle on my rig-I never did since it more like a slot car that I could actually steer but it didn't 'scare' me away from the hobby or make me question it. It takes some pretty serious skill to get around a high grip track consistently and that's not an opinion-anyone can replay the recent Worlds races and see the baddest dudes on planet have some significant struggles.
You can sell rubber and plastic or you can sell a great time, sugar makes it so you can't sell both (for some).
Blah blah blah you know what the guys that run the track will do what they want to do. If you don't want to go don't go
This standard line of just trying keep new racers and ruin it for future racers never works I been hearing it for 15 years. Racers come and go just race dammit. if they want to race they will adapt. This is mostly a hobby. TOYS. treat it as such