R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 AM
DanielC.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JaderL
This passed weekend was regionals and it was my first race with the car. once i figured a good setup on it the car was really good. i was able to qualify 7th out of about 39 buggies and i finished 6th after the triple a mains. Seth also got his into the a and so did a fellow racer which was his first weekend with the car as well. i dont remember where they finished overall though.

for the ones looking for a 12mm hex fix. i ran all weekend with the conversion i found but i did find a flaw. if you over tighten the wheel you will bind the bearings. after each run i would actually loosen the hex and reposition them so that when i would tighten the wheel again they wouldnt bind the bearing. the problem is that the pin sits too deep in the losi hex. good news is that Jason from JConcepts was there and i told him what was going on and gave him the product idea. He ended up taking my buggy with him and a set of the stock hexes to try to get a conversion for it. hopefully hell be able to get one.
I finished 7th and Seth 8th . Not bad for our first race with the car.

I was doing the same thing you stated with the TLR hexes, and using thread lock as extra security. Hopefully Jason will be able to bring a proper conversion to market. Would be sweet if we could use b44 fronts as well.