R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
USMC STONE
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
i can see what your seeing.. however.. the parts are really the same.. there is no left, or right.. they are just showing you that the knuckle part is towards the outside.. and nearest to the outer hub

back in the day.. i would always setup my turnbuckles, so.. i would have to go the same direction, for more camber, or less.. meaning.. when looking from the front of the buggy.. i would turn my wrench back for more camber.. or forward for less camber.. on both sides of the car.. and it would be the same for the rear.. as looking from the rear..

these turnbuckles, the knuckle is closer to the natural side.. opposite side threads are farther away from knuckle..

edit:
no wait a minute.. ur right.. the upper box showing them threading into the knuckles.. is incorrect.. right threads are on the side near the knuckle..

another thing.. look at the arrows.. they are going the same direction in the exploded views.. one side should be opposite the other.. per camber link
Yep that's it, that first box on page 16, the wording and arrows are wrong except the small detail box and the one showing the 39mm lengths. I can put the da&n cars together without the manual now, but I pulled it out when I snapped my aluminum camber link to get the correct length when installing a new steel one and saw it. I remembered when I first built the car I noticed it. The short end is normal right hand threading.

And now I have my first legitimate complaint about the XB9!