R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Proteus
Tech Fanatic

If you can wait just a little bit longer..try to pick one up right after the Jan-mid spring. The reason being is that as the dollar strengthens the yen falls. Basically you get more for your dollar. If you have been watching the news about the Federal Reserve they have been raising the rates slightly but at a steady pace with another one planned in Feb. When the rate increases, the foreign exchange value of the dollar increases as well. So what does this all mean? You get more for your money. I've been meaning to pick up another 2004 kit but I'm waiting until the exchange rate goes to 110 yen or greater. Basically....at that exchange rate I would be paying around $288 for a 2004 kit. Now that's a deal. It has all the hopups already.

Of course...its more complicated than that because Japan's economic position at that time can effect the exchange rate. It's a gamble but worth it if you can wait. Oh and get it from RC Champ in Akihabara, Japan.

Oh and another tip...if you have a friend in Japan...that is in the military then ask them to send it through the USPS system. My brother sent a package at the priority mail rate (around $12) and it took less than one week. Not bad?