Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Ed Delgado
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
As I said before...WGT had strong manufacturer support from the start so it came to be fairly easily. We are going to need to get some manufacturers on board with the idea if it is going to come about.
I see it differently. There were plenty of 200mm GT bodies on the market at the time- realistic and scale looking GT bodies. Then Protoform and Parma got in the game. Except that they didn't side with the scale enthusiasts, rather they sided with the racers and went for the proverbial jugular by opting for aerodynamic performance at the expense of scale realism. That's because if your body is the fastest and dominates, then you will have a lock on the market and sell plenty of bodies. Then when the rules makers rubber stamped their products the die was cast-scale realism was dead. Now you have a WGT where your body choices are between the Parma and the two Protoform offerings. And with the way the Gianna and Sophia are dominating I think it would be safe to say that Parma isn't planning on producing any more DB9's-that mold is sitting on a shelf somewhere in the annals of Parma.