R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCHSR: Radio Controlled Historic Sportscar Racing
Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Ed Delgado
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Some of my bodies I used and abused

Protoform Peugeot MD in BMW V12 LMR colors

Protoform Peugeot HD

Andy sauber mercedes: is a Mercedes C11 and I made it in a Mercedes C9 michelin colors (made a mistake with the lightbuckets )

Real Mercedes Michelin (a model) but as far as I know it wasn't actually raced.

As a comparison real Mercedes C11 where the andy sauber is copied from, notice the low cockpit and nose in front of the cockpit. Windscreen wiper is even copied on the andy sauber mercedes.

Nissan P35 in some hotchpotch Lancia Martini colors. With blank backwing.

Some other pictures I found

If you see them as modelkits then no they are not scale but overall I think the 235mm bodies all look good when painted up like a race car and driving them on the circuit but that is only my opinion ofcourse . I only hear praises when they see the bodies I painted up, even from people that drive other classes. Most color schemes are quite simple with maximum 2 colors and some stickers from tamiya, HPI or DIY printing.

Good luck with the class whatever the direction will be.
Beautiful bodies by the way. The blue Michelin sponsored car is the Sauber Mercedes C9, and it did race in those colors in the German version of IMSA, their own national championship. It was call a Sauber Mercedes however, unlike the C11 that came after it which was officially called the Mercedes C11. The C11 was actually designed and produced by mostly Mercedes, and although the team was run by Peter Sauber's team, the car was officially a Mercedes. Also, they went from C9 to C11 in the model designation and skipped over C10 because apparently "C10" is very hard to pronounce in German.