R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCHSR: Radio Controlled Historic Sportscar Racing
Old 10-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Ed Delgado
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
FOR ME (and just my $0.02 worth), I would like to see a move towards cars that are easier to drive, whether that is 1s/17.5 or whatever.
If the ultimate decision is for 2s, I would like to see 21.5 or 25.5. As I am a big fan of the structure, rules, and connections that USVTA have, I would like to put forth the idea of using the VTA motor(s) and ESC rules (if 2s is the decision).

Ed Delgado,
I would like to request an executive decision on a number of things:
1. 200mm, 235mm, or both?
2. 1s, 2s, or two classes?
3. Open on foams, or WGT spec (or other)?
4. Can we start a list of approved bodies?
5. Blinky ESC rules only?

Thanks,
Scott
I thank you all for your comments and your faith in my decision making ability. I am not a dictator or king, and even though I started this discussion of the concept of a realistic and scale 1/10 GTP class it's not about me. If there is no greater interest in this than just a few guys on the internet, well then that's all it will be.

I raced 1/10 pan cars for many years, from the eighties on into the mid-nineties. I loved the class and enjoyed racing it very much. I'm also glad that there is some of it still around. I think 235mm pan cars will come back into popularity because they are fast, fun to race and the cars are more simple than 4wd TC cars. But what I'm talking about for WGTP is different in that it's more about scale looking car (like comparing USGT to WGT) and although many 235mm bodies are nicely made, and beautifully presented, they are not realistic-at least not in my eyes. The problem is that besides Tamiya, there are practically no scale GTP bodies on the market. So there can't really be a class like I'm proposing until these body companies start producing them.

About a year ago, I talked about doing my own scale GTP bodies
in 200mm and 270mm wheelbase for the guys with Tamiya GTP and F1 cars because I thought there was a market for it. Unfortunately, I was laid off and those plans were put on hold. I am now working finally, but unfortunately I am NEVER home. And this is not about creating a market for a company I'd like to start. It's more about a scale enthusiast so frustrated with the RC car and body market that I'm willing to try and do it myself! So I don't know what else to say except thank you to you all who agree with me and have decided that I should be the "decider". LOL

In regards to WGTP, I believe in it and want to see it take off, but.......you can hire the band, hire the caterer, but if no one shows up, it's not much of a party!

Last edited by Ed Delgado; 10-04-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Damn auto-correct typing thingy on iPhone!