R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 AM
pizzaboy192
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Traxxas makes a line of waterproof servos. That might be a good place to start. Your best bet would be to find a video or two on waterproofing RC electronics for trail trucks. There are techniques that are as simple as stuffing things into balloons to complete tearing stiff down to encase it in epoxy. I just avoid water. haven't blown anything up since the puddle incident of 2008.
That's where I got my inspiration. I saw some videos of using PlastiDip and stuff like that, but my plan is just a few old sandwich containers and some hot glue around wires. Was planning on putting just short jumper cables for battery and motor in, and a servo wire, and then packing both the RX and ESC into the sandwich container and toss that in a ziplock if required. We're wanting to do winter rally and rain racing this fall, but want to have them be safe. Was going to order some servos as spares so if\when we do kill one, we can replace em quick. Probably will put the battery in something similarly shaped that should be waterproof as well.