R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 AM
roche.hk
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jdawg81
I was testing my car by driving it around on the floor inside my house. I was just slowly driving it up and down my hallway to see if everything was working fine. When I picked it up and touched the motor I noticed it was pretty warm for only 1 or 2 minutes of slow driving inside the house. I took the motor off the car and ran it for about 40 seconds for full throttle and I could slowly hear it get bit slower as the temperature went up to around 115-140°F depending on where on the motor I was measuring from. I'm thinking this is not normal because my 17.5 MMM only gets slightly warm when I do the same thing. I took the motor apart and I could not find anything wrong so what would cause the motor to get hot so quick?
Compare to other motors, the MMM do get a bit hotter. But at around 140F without a fan is not too bad. Are you running any turbo software? If with turbo the temperature is a bit low. My 17.5 in my f1 with turbo, after 8min run with fan the temperature is around 160-170F. With out side temp around 90F here. For the free rev issue as most magnet (the rotor) can not take really high rpm and may fall apart. So never free rev your motor. But donot worry, if the motor is still in one piece it should be fine.