R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Old-New
Thread: Old-New
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 02:41 PM
G.Rossman
Tech Apprentice

Default Old-New

Raced years ago as a kid, I ran an RC-10 back then and so many things have changed. No more clothes line pins for frquency and no need to carry extra channel around.

Just bought a TC4 chasis, AMC Javelin body, 25.5 motor, ESC, wheels, tires, steering servo, and went with a cheapo Traxxas transmitter taken out of a RTR that the guy did not need so I got it cheap. Will get batteries and charger next after some more research.

Took my kiddo with me and lucked out as a guy was there to practice. Son was all smiles. I am going to start in the VTA class and maybe get into the USGT as well. I will eventually get a nicer radio I can program but just needed the basic setup for now. Will start putting everything together this week and weekend with hopes to have it done next week. I am really more interested in the on-road stuff and would like to see more done with open courses outside in parking lots to open things up more.

Looking forward to having some fun with it. Saw a drift car running, that looked like fun too sliding around the corners. The VTA class I like as I tend to sway towards the cars that look like actual cars.