R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wheel Not Turning!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Bill K
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by konumDrum
Hello fellow forum users,

To start off, I am new to RCTech, but am in need with some assistance if anyone would know the answer to this.

Recently I got a Tamiya TT-01E kit, and fitted with the Year Racing Conversion kit (turned it into a drifter) for it, and it by all means, is beautiful. Ran it for a little bit, but noticed something was off when I make turns. So when I lifted it off the ground, and pressed the throttle a little bit, (if looking down on it front of the car is up), the rear and front right wheels are spinning ALOT faster than the front left one. It seems as though the front left side had a stroke or something. I don't know what is going on. I know I followed the instructions on the conversion kit to the dot, tightened the wheel nut to its max, and greased the shaft up like no other. I just don't know what is going on! I mean I spent a lot of money on the thing, and it doesn't work properly which is frustrating cause I have no idea where to go!

Can anyone help me out on this one?
Try loosening the wheel nuts a bit. Depending on the type of hex's you are using over the drive shaft pin (plastic, or aluminium) it's never good to do them up super tight, as unwanted friction is created. Have them done up tight, but not to the point where you can't tighten them up any more.

Also check the pin in the drive shafts, although it would be odd for only the left side of the car to be doing this, the pin may have slid out effectively rubbing on the side of the wheel knuckle.

This may or maynot solve your problem, but it's something to try. If you have all wheel nuts done up extremely tight it has a significant effect on how freely the wheels turn, when applied with different levels of load.