R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Evolution of RC car design. Where is it headed?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 AM
dwgcooks
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
Honestly, I don't see many HUGE advances in the coming years. I think we are at a point where the cars are about as quick as they can be for the tracks we build. The only things that will help will be traction control systems and true ABS systems that use sensors. And we know that by the time you add the cost and weight of adding a complicated system like that, you are at a net loss. There will be some small jumps in materials and design, but nothing huge. New battery chemistry, new damper design, etc. But overall, the RC car of 2023 will likely be very similar to what 2013 has to offer. I would like to see consolidation of the electronics. We need Radio/ESC/Transponder/telemetry to be an all-in-one solution. That is where innovation can happen. You will be able to adjust your ESC from your radio, see all of your lap times, and all of your temps in real time, on the display of your radio. There would be space savings, and weight savings...which could lead to some design changes.
Who can look at their radio while their racing? Will we see a HUD on Google glass? Now, that would be cool.