R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 10:24 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally posted by primusblowsgoat
well i got my parma tires in the mail today. and right away i went to mount them. and thats where i had trouble, first the bearings can move free in the front wheel, do i need flanged bearings?

second I cant get the bearings to fit over the axle, they are the kit bearings for my l4, and i cant get any of them over the axle any ideas?

third, i shimmed the axle according to the directions but i cant get the tire opposite the spur on because the tire rubs the pod

whats going on here am i missing something?
did i do something wrong?
Parma fronts require flanged bearings

If you are talking about the rear axle bearings not fitting, some times the graphite axles are a little fat. I don't know of any fix other than to sand down the axle a little.

The directions for your L4 tell you to shim the axle for tires like Jacos, which have no offset on the inside of the wheel. If you look at the Parma wheels, you will see that the mounting surface is recessed to the edge of the wheel. You need to space the hub out enough to make the wheel clear the pod. Make sure you shim the other side out the same amount to keep the wheels centered to the chassis.
O'D