R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Razathorn
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
Or try tuning for the conditions. Play with camber links and roll centers. Add toe. Take out some sideguard screws and get some flex in there for more traction.
I did a lot of changes. I tried front and rear roll center changes, camber link lengths, shock oils, custom rear roll center changes (shimmed rear arms up with gull wing kit arms), rear sway bar with lower roll center on both kit and 521-1 arms, higher rear roll center via hubs, different hub and camber plate holes, different ride heights, basically chased it for 2 weeks. Tebo's setup was pretty much the best the car got in mid motor with just shock oil and camber specifically tuned for the track, and it was amazing if the track was stuck, but if the track got slippery, the rear motors had a definite advantage.

I went back today and did some track testing with different tires and the story was pretty much the same. It's not horrible, but it's not competitive with other people previously my speed when we both ran rear motor.

I can definitely feel the awesomeness of mid-motor, where it would be faster, and it IS better when the track is stuck, incredible even, but I have to go with what works overall for our track, which is medium traction on average, and often, especially the mains, packed and dry loose.