R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno SCT410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:27 AM
RokleM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
Will a Thunder Power G6 5300 combined with a VTX8/Pro4 HD 4300 get me through a 10 min main in one of these tanks? I understand all the variables, just wondering if 5300 mah is below a comfortable level for finishing a race.
Originally Posted by egobrkr
It should. I ran a gens ace 5000mah with that motor and a tekin rx8 for a 10min main. I could tell at about 8.5min it was starting to get soft. I put about 4200mah back in the lipo.
Originally Posted by justpoet
This will depend a lot on driving style and track design/size.
Justpoet hit it on the head. Outdoors, 7 minute main, my first time out I dumped a GOOD 5000 to the point where it's below LVC and have to jump start a LIPO with NIMH first. There is absolutely no way I could have made a 10. 7200 is the only thing that gets me through a main safely. Track, driving style, and electronics along with setup are absolutely KEY here when it comes to batteries. Absolutely no one on this forum can tell you, regardless of their experience or how much they think they know, if a 5300 will be sufficient for you without additional info. The best way to test, is literally test in a safe environment at the track. Start the timer, run as hard as you would in a main until you're about to hit LVC, and see how much absolute maximum time you can withstand on that battery (less is obviously safer and better on your equipment).