R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 PM
howardcano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
Update: got my newly acquired RC10l2 pretty well dialed in at my local carpet track in Dallas. We don't have a class for pro10, I just wanted to throw one together to put down some ballistic laps. For power I am running an Orion r10 and 8.5 blinky on two cell lipo. This puppy hauls the mail! It's a little overboard for a small tight carpet track but It can do laps that are half a second faster than the fastest mod sedans laps.

Initially I was running on wgt Spec tires but they did not provide enough steering to keep the speed up in the corners. Ended up ordering exceed tires from a main hobbies. Right now it's rolling on carpet medium rears and carpet soft fronts. The rear is still a little too planted so ill get some hard rears coming on my next order.

Still need to fine tune the gearing. It will go for 6 minutes but the motor is approaching 200 degrees! Ill keep dropping teeth on my pinion or possibly use some of that free space in the rear pod and add a cooling fan.
Sounds like fun!

In your previous post you mentioned that it pushed in the sweeper. If it's okay in the slower corners, you might have the center of pressure too far to the rear. I doubt that you can easily add front downforce, but you can always try removing rear downforce, or moving the whole body forward.

If you need more front grip everywhere, and you have the stiffest T plate in already, you can try making a thicker one, or possibly do the 10L2.5 conversion so you can change the side springs. I think MarkA documented this way back in the "1/10th pan car" thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...l2.5ombouw.jpg

Last edited by howardcano; 09-25-2013 at 04:12 PM.