R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:27 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I really enjoyed watching the top 4 drivers/cars in VTA race on Sunday. At times during the triple A-mains, all 4 cars were within a second of each other on the track (it looked closer). Any of those cars were good enough to win. The only real differences were very small driving mistakes on the track.

----------

Something to note is that Kevin Kane was driving a Losi XXX-S. I don't recall what battery/speed control he was using, but he was one of the top 4 in VTA and I believe he was Q2.

Another thing to note is that Michael Jones was using a shorty lipo in VTA. Or to put it another way, it was less than 5000mah. He was Q3

Just using these 2 examples alone show that you don't need the newest chassis or "best" batter to do well in VTA. Of course it doesn't hurt if you are good driver with a well setup chassis.
Yep everyone was very close! I had a 14 month old Team EAM battery in the car I was running. It was dirla's car, battery and motor. I think the motor was a couple of years old as well and had none of the light weight or vented endbells on it. I do think that the motor could have benifited from it as my motor ran way hotter than most others who had those on their motor.

I had a great time and enjoyed the really close racing in all classes. VTA will make you drive tight clean lines to keep up since there is not much HP discrepancy between the cars!

EA