R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

ok, I will give that a shot as far as ride height is concerned. Does seem though you can really go too low in the front so I guess that must be what all the hoop la was about as far as shorter threaded front shocks. No matter, I need less steering in the front to prevent traction roll. I have the rear droop screws in and set to what the manual specifies as a starting point and I can notice the difference. I am going to run my setup at first with no front droop screws to see how the vehicle handles and go from there setup wise. I may also leave the 41T pulley in initially as I don't want to make too many setup changes beforehand so I can tell what affects what.

As for the nerf wings these are definitely not super race legal the way they are ran out here but they do protect the back hubs. people here also trim them so they are race legal at times.

I will try the hex adapters to widen the car to the legal 190 limit, do I need to do anything else orther than use the longer hexes? to me it seems that I may not have enough thread to grip the axle.

I do recommend the BRP bumper, it sure saved me my last race as I did hit the wall head on twice from side hits and a glitch caused by someone on the my frequency.