R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCHSR: Radio Controlled Historic Sportscar Racing
Old 09-22-2013, 10:14 AM
rctrackman
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Ed.....I think this thing is coming together !!
NutDriver, well done.
So far:
WGTP
200 or 235 mm electric wgt style chassis (single center shock)
GTP,LMP type bodies.

Can we discuss power and tire options ?

My thought is any NATURAL RUBBER compound available. Both rears must be the same and both fronts must be the same.
Tire compounds are a valid tuning option. In many cases it's also a matter of feasability. Different track surfaces demand different tire choices. For example: the wear with a WGT Lilac tire may be much more significant than with 30 shore Pinks.

As for power, I'm of the opinion that there simply aren't enough tracks that can really pull off running at typical Pro10 speeds ie: 10.5t/2s.
This class shouldn't be all about speed since we've spent the better part of the thread talking about SCALE looks.
1s works BUT I agree that it's much more difficult to work with. 2s is widely available, esc choice is a breeze, proper balance chargers are almost the norm.
I'm a bit torn. 25.5/2s offers plenty of speed with a direct drive chassis,some commonality with a fast growing mainstream class (VTA) and readily available products. If we ever wanted to allow more speed, just change the esc rule to allow open speedo and off we go. (That could be left to track/club directors as a local rule)
Here's where I'm torn My novice class is using brushed Tamiya can motors and 2s lipo. In order to get the speeds down so the wgt tires can grip we had to limit the gearing to a 81 spur/17 pinion. Some say the Tamiya can (27t) is about the same as a 21.5bl. If that's the case then we could go 21.5, blinky speedo and allow local directors to apply a gear restriction if they choose or leave gearing open.
Thoughts ?