R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:25 AM
tonylunatic
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRRC
This is where I disagree with you tony
You have to get something back. These are big companies and with your promotion they will be exposed to more people and will sell more too. I advise you get something out of this. You have to be paid for your hardwork. Please heed my advise. I am not saying this just for your benefit, it is also for us because one day you will get tired doing this without being compensated. Just look at jbrl, jimmy is promoting it and has been successful because he gets something out of it. I have seen so many people get burned out from this hobby bec they were not compensated for thier work.
Ask 10 tires, 2 motors whatever they can give and you can sell it or raffle off or whatever but you need them to be committed to your program too . Just my opinion.
Thank Doc,
But in all honesty I will tell you and everyone now what I been saying, " I just want to "RACE"!!

From experience having to close my tracks and shop, was the worst feeling in the world. I took a 8yr break from RC entirely after closing.

One might think shop and track owners make a allot of money, I will tell you first hand they don't. They work the hardest to keep you the customers happy, it's a struggle everyday. It's only gotten harder now with everything online. So if my site and networking helps your local track and shop owners be more successful, I'm all in. If what I created helps to grow the RC industry so more people get involved and is around for my daughter(5yrs) and son(4months) to enjoy, then I have accomplished my goal and vision.

That's one of the reasons for the Federation part of the name, a united front for the same cause.

I came back to RC because I LOVE IT, plain and simple. To only see the same crap that was going on when I was in business. Then fell in love with GT an unsanctioned class or group. To wait around 3yrs to see what would happen and nothing, no one or no existing organization stepped up to guide us.

So I started to plan.
You can verify I purchased IGT8F is January of 2013. Bought on the road on my cell phone in the middle between Florida and Mississippi. Coming back with Marcus from the Panamerica GT Race in Homestead, FL. Doug and the Homestead Crew deserve all the credit their where guys there from Puerto Rico, New York, Argentina, Brazil, Texas, every where. It's was AAWESOME, even with the weather issues.

I swear after that race I was more pumped up and excited about this Class GT then ever before. I knew I had to help keep it united, help it grow and help spread this kind of joy with the others. In all that by nature having to help the entire RC industry.