R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 AM
bassman2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
They way I see it, my Spec class is adding a (one) class. Yes with Specific rules. But still adding.
I fail to see others vision of growth by simply, splitting the same group of racers we already have. With all respect by adding a Sportsman, stock, etc class that has a few changes allowing the SAME racer to run two classes, well I don't see that as growth at all. You still have the exact same group of guys showing up to race. I guess growth in entries fees, but not growth by bringing in new blood.
When I mean BLOOD I mean what keeps us alive, new innovations, new companies willing to invest time and money into the class and sport/hobby in its entirety, new types of media exposure, new types of Sponsors, and bring in youth the future of the sport.

So your telling me a Mom or Dad that has a child interested in racing or just wants to play. Walks into a shop and either gets (A) given multiple choices to choose from, or (B) given a specific package... Which to you think they will choose. Hmm.. maybe that's why RTR kits are what made the really GIANTS of the industry.

Serpent catered to the top quality racers for many years and that is wonderful, but why now the interest to get into RTR kits?

I have done my research and surveyed hundreds of people, NORMAL people (it's easy as I drive all over the country and I'm a pretty talkative guy) usually people ask me as if see my Serpent logo on my shirt, or I'm watch a rc race video clip etc. They always ask, Oh what's that, Oh that's cool.. Oh had a uncle that did that. I go on to explaining very short, to not lose their interest. I always ask if they have kids that might be interested or even themselves usual response is "ya maybe but I think they are really expensive". So if you take that answer plus the (A) choice of multiple choices. I guarantee their interest is lost.
But when I ask, what if there was a RACE CAR PACKAGE you could get about the same price as you kids current Ps3, Xbox plus a couple games. Gets him out the house, gets his mind working, has the ability to put him in actual organized RC racing. They always say, ya would be nice to see him do something beside play video games. Now understand of course no sell was made, nothing has come of it yet, but at least know their still interested.

Maybe my plans and vision is just to Big for most to even understand or see, when they are looking at it through a straw. Then again I'm ONLY one guy here ONE. NO one else in the last 3 years has stepped up to organize anything like this.

I do and will always give Serpent the credit they deserve for pushing the factory to build your and my beloved Cobra GT. That project entirely would have been scraped, if not for Desoto Racing and Paolo. Paolo proved to them and us that the car was race worthy, and worth building and explained their is a market for it.

Most will never understand what it actually take in (time, money, effort) to build something, especially from nothing.

Their are already plans and events in motion that will benefit us all in the big scheme of the things.

I am always open for discussion, just as we have last 10+pages. You have questions, I have my answers. For those that actually know me, know the type of guy I am. Anything said here about me has no effect on me. If I offended anyone it's not with bad intent, but I do apologize.

I'm always available.
Tony, I have to say initially after I saw what you've posted on the IGT8F website regarding the SPEC rules I was concerned. HOWEVER, after I put some serious thoughts behind what you've explained to the rest of us, I DO SEE YOUR VISION!

Now, this might upset some of you guys who might have an issue with the IGT8F's spec rules of running only single manufacturer's engine, pipe, header or tires by excluding other players in the business, please do keep in mind there is Open and Sportsman class in which any manufacturers can offer their best products to this GT8 class, same as before.

Serpent and Desoto Racing(Joaquin Sr., Joaquin Jr, Paolo) had revived the GT8 class and put this class on the right path this year with their relentless effort of maximizing the exposure of this great GT8 class. My hope is to see IGT8F along with all other manufacturers and racers helping this class and carry this awesome class to its maximum potential as it deserves.

Tony, after days of thinking this thing through my own head. I see the vision you lay in front of us.

YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT as a racer.