R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 PM
*1speedy
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pressure
Speedy I think Im misunderstood on a few points. The Spec class I believe should be run in addition to OPEN at GT ONLY events when you have substantial turnout. Meaning it would be a second class. A specific model motor would make it a true SPEC class. This would have to be supported by hosting TRACK which gets its support from the CLUB racers which would choose the motor that they run. I think that that's a true SPEC class. And what I meant by incentive is financial support by distributors or retailers to the track not a CASH RACE...I have run in a cash race and I wanted to win more than I needed the money...but I enjoyed my check... fortunately..lol . For instance IF The local GT club I belong to wanted to decided to run a spec class and members wanted to buy say 25 motors ..I would hope the local hobby store or manufacturer would be kind enough to extend a financial courtesy. Im not talking about CASH race just appreciation in the form of a discount in pricing for "BULK BUSINESS" in turn a LHS would stock these motors and have the available for hosted events. Though rctech or any social rc media we could post the motor running at that event for the spec class.
Im positive that the same racers that do well in open will do well in spec but cost , level field are maintained. Sportsmen could run in this class and not be intimidated and it would be all about driving skill. 2 cents
Obvious that what I read in your original post is not what your goal is.

GL to what ever you have planned, I think you see my point as well and that's what the disagreement was.

No Biggie