R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 03:33 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by metalnut
I see the site is back! So... I basically finished by kit build. I have two questions:

1. Are you guys seeing a lot of play in your shock around the two mounting ball studs? I know the shock goes in "upside down" due to the different size balls (4.7 and 4.3 if I recall), and will only mount one way. But.. even then, there is play around the balls. I know the idea is to not bind the shock, but it seems rather sloppy.

2. For those of you running shorty packs, are you running it fully forward, fully in the back, or somewhere in between? I have room to mount my ESC inline and I'm trying to decide where to put it. I'm thinking battery all the way forward, but that means removing both pieces of the upper deck to get it in there (not a huge problem). From what I've read, most F1s run it fully forward, but I wanted to check.

3. If I do run the ESC in the back, am I at all worried about the tweak the wires may introduce on the back pod? I'd be using 14ga wires, but they're still stiff enough to "press" down on the motor. I'm thinking of running them over the top of the rear shock brace.

Thanks!
1. Yes I have a lot of play there too. You can probably use the bag trick to take up the slop but I'm not fond of that one on open ball cups. If you find something better let me know.

2. I run mine fully forward with the ESC in the back.

3. Use 16awg wire. Unless your running some really hot motor you don't need more than 16awg.