R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi5
Thread: Schumacher Mi5
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pbr
I bought the mi5 for my son, that has been racing or about a year and a half . The cars he runs are . 009 Xray in VTA ( he won the southern oval championship @ minnreg where we got a look at an Mi5) also ran the same car at village raceway for the Nats for 10 th place. He runs an 11 T3 xray and also a 6.1 for Touring cars.
He had his frist state race with the Mi5 on a 100x 50 asphalt road course. The car was built with all parts from kit as a mid motor car worked really well. Only changes made during the day was raising and lowering of shocks as temp changed.
The alloy screws were tested in practice and worked as designed . Car was repaired in minutes. Changing of the gears are a breeze compared to the x-ray.
Overall this is one tough car Very easy to work on Out of the field of over 30 cars He qualified 12th He was in a second to third-place battle When a bump and run occurred And the rack came loose from the steering In his B main ( will make sure to keep that checked) At 14 I thought that was not bad for his frist state race against some of the best racers in Florida . Also so far I have been pleased with the Parts availability And the speed that I received them in. Unlike the x-ray parts . In closing the only thing that I can say is Thank you Schumacher For a car that works Out-of-the-box And don't forget about the weekend warrior,
pbr, glad to hear you made the purchase. The Southern Oval Nats was my first outing with the car and I was very pleased with it. I did re-learn a valuable lesson though....don't get complacent riding around and waiting to make a pass for the lead in the Main. It cost me - and he drove well.

This weekend it's off to Nashville to run it at the USVTA Southern Nats. I expect the car to work just as well.