R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HotSlots R/C Racing indoor Carpet track 2013 season
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Rick Vessell
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
I should be able to swing by for a bit, with the 1/12th car at least. I think John Adams said he might be coming over with the new F1 tomorrow too.

Seth
I should be able to make it by for a little while too. Won't be able to run anything but I'll still bench race.

Originally Posted by adams
What time do the doors open tonight for practice?
I think Derek said 5.

Originally Posted by slow poke
How does making people buy new tires when they start to cone help with that? If ya have more $$$$ you would just get more tires, that seems just as un-fair.
Belive me I am all for keeping the costs down, but creating a rule that actually shortens a tires useful life by more than 50% seems to do the the opposite of that.

What if we had a minimum tire diameter rule, that way no one can cut their tires down to the "fuzzy rims" we see in some of the other classes......... or even change it to a rubber tire class and have a list of legal version tires like is done for the SC class? Seems like that would be simpler to check than if someone took their tires home and trued them.
I agree with Wayne on this one. Either have a minimum diameter or change to rubber tires only. Minimum diameter will get more life out of the foams if you don't have to toss them when they wear down. You will have to have someone willing to tech tire size though.

Rubber tires are easier to police with a quick glance and there are several available to choose from.