R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setup inconsistencies ???
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Jpm1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klaymon
I think a big part of it is the play in the suspension components. When you use a setup station especially on a setup board, the setup wheels/station can slide on the board because of reduced friction and can settle into a certain position. When the tires are on the car and you set it down, the tires grab and whatever play you have in the hubs/carriers/arms is held at the position it's in when you set it down.

Try this: set your camber with a regular camber gauge. Now grab your front wheel and tilt it in and out by hand and recheck your camber. I can nearly guarantee it changed.

I personally think most off-road cars are not precise enough for a setup station (unless you're buying Xrays or something with nice tight fitment).

That's my take anyway.
I understand what your trying to say but the weight of the car is supported by all 4 axles at the same point as if it had wheels fitted, setup wheels or station, so the weight would be acting on the worn items in idzackly thes same way, plus I. Doing this on a brand new mp9, plus the setup wheels have a oring around them so would also give some friction on the setup board.