R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - savage flux xl diff bevel gear problem
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM
LLkoolskillet
Tech Regular

IMO a center diff is a must in the savage flux, the truck just weighs to much and even with the HD tranny, you will always break pinions in the diff, shimmed or not. Heres a video of me purposely trying to break my truck on 6s. I thought I broke the servo but what happened was the arm to the horn locked it in place. Nothing broke! Ive tried many times to break this particular truck just because and couldnt. Something that plays a major role in diff carnage and tranny failure is not neccesarily the power but the wheel choice. A big heavy wheel will defiently break things that a lighter wheel wont. The alza setup is affordable and will pay for itself after a few runs. I must agree that shimming the diff is a must! I put 2 shims on the ring gear side and 1 shim on the cup side. You should also shim the pinion, i put 1 to 2 shims behind the gear.

As far as CD vs Tranny, CD all the way, if you want the truck to move the same as it would with the tranny drop some 500k oil into the CD. Thats what I run. Some guys run 300k but imo thats to light and unloads to much power.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.