R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 01:42 AM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Solara
Well done....if you can post your setup sheet, I will post it on the SP site...
The setup is pretty much box stock. All I changed was ride height and ackerman. Off hand here's what I remember...pretty sure this is how I have it set up:

Front:
Tire: Pit Shimizu 574
Spring: Kit stock
Kingpin: Dry, no oil for dampening
Caster: 10* block
Camber: 1*
Toe: .5* toe out
Ackerman: 2mm spacer (will probably go to 3mm next race)
Width: 190mm arm setting
Ride Height: 4.5mm
Droop: ? Not sure. I shimmed the king pin the same as stock

Rear:
Tire: Pit Shimizu 572
Center Spring: Kit stock
Shock oil: Stock
Side springs: Kit stock
Side damper oil: Kit stock
Droop: Stock shock length with stock mounting position
Width: Axle spaced to 190mm
Ride height: 5mm

Note: I made a couple of parts swaps on the car. I did not like spacing out the rear by using spacers inside the wheel because it takes the left side wheel off of the inner hex. So I decided I wanted to space the axle out instead. The stock left side hub didn't look like it would hold well enough if I spaced out the axle so I replaced it with the Qtec left side clamping hub for the F104. I also had an issue in the previous race with the steering link that connects the servo to the bell crank, it kept popping off. So I replaced the ball cups with AE ones which snap on tighter. Since the AE cup is bigger inside I used the cotton trick to take out the slop. As you can see in the video I did tap a couple barriers and the steering link stayed on. Also on the front suspension I made all my ride height adjustments between the chassis plate and the front suspension plate and had to raise the servo mount along with it. I did not raise the servo though. I found during my initial build if I did my ride height adjustments under the suspension arm that it messed up the steering link angle to the bell crank too much. Because the suspension plate was raised but the servo was not I went up 1 hole on the servo horn.