R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 1:10 F1
Thread: Serpent 1:10 F1
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM
DIRTMONKEY
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by metalnut
Any news on the writeup?
Nearly done the problem is I lent out my gun and paints and not returned yet "mudder plucker" never again.......

Originally Posted by Bigz84
well, I was in the process of my build, and the write up is correct, be sure to have pivot ball ends on hand in case you snap one as you snap on the rod ends onto a pivot ball. I have cracked 2 so far. pretty frustrating, if you ask me. they are very brittle.

There hasn't been a problem with these yet, they loosen a little more after the build but no breaks so far. One thing to check is the front bulk head, "DONT SCREW IN TO FAR AND LOCTITE IT, THE TOP BALL AS WELL THE SAME. The drama is if tightened to far they will strip out. I'm getting this looked at NEWS TO COME ?

does anyone else find that the lower center pivot ball connecting the chassis and rear pod, can be pushed out of it's holder w/ VERY little effort? I can feel a slight snap as I push it back together, put comes apart very easily.
I hope once i get it together, w/ the center tube and shock, that it won't be that easy anymore.
They will be fine. With the side spring screws just screw the holding set screw down at least 3mm also put in a 8mm flat head instead of the 6mm, this is for the side links

my build has come to a halt till I get more ends....: BUGGER(
Damn, that doesn't sound encouraging at all. Maybe this isn't the chassis I want

Yes it is the one you want, with every new car there will be some problems, the TEAM DRIVERS dont smash much and these small things can be over looked no excuses just a fact. Every F1 so far I've built and driven needs tweaking
I appreciate the update. But.. if the cups split, wouldn't that also mean they're pretty brittle? I realize F1 cars are brittle to begin with, but I'd expect the plastic to hold up a bit longer.

In any case, I'm still following this thread

As in my write I made note of this, so far so good
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx
Every f104 body will fit
Also FGX (with the Rx and ESC side plates not fitted, really they are not needed), YOKOMO, F113, SPEED PASSION F-68 (fits perfectly as far as I'm concerned), As said all F104 TAMIYA'S, F103 TAMIYA'S to bulky in the rear for me, TRG's will fit. Now with the bit not fitting where the battery starts will happen with all (so far anyway) just need to pull body out when fitting and it will be fine, you can also just trim out that area if you wish.
F-68 BODY MORE HERE OF THE BODY http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...ound-3-results about 12 rows down. Hope this all helps......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010118.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	1111005  

Last edited by DIRTMONKEY; 09-11-2013 at 05:08 PM.