R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New T-Bone RC Bumpers Losi LST platform with photo's!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 AM
ruudxd
Tech Addict

Default New T-Bone RC Bumpers Losi LST platform with photo's!

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my maybe bad English, but I am 16 and from Holland, so I have a lot to learn still
A While ago I had a broken shock shaft on my LST( don't ask me how ) and I was thinking of make the truck even more durable.
I had a set of T-Bone Racing bumpers on my Associated RC8Te, and they were very good, so I looked on the site, if they had them for the LST also.
They didn't, so I emailt them, and a couple of months later they are on the site, very good service, and listening to the costumer!
So I bought them, and I have them in, here are my first impressions:
Oh, and I am NOT sponsored, I just give you my first impressions!

Here is the front of the car, without the bumper:

And with body:

And from the side:

The bumpers come with with screws:

The good thing is that the screws are longer then the stock ones, but they are metric size I think, the thread is much finer as the stock screws, as you can see here, left is the new screw, right is the stock one:

Luckaly I have some spare screws, and in the good lenght, as you can see here, left is the new screw I am gonna use, middle is the delifert screw with the bumpers, en the right one is the stock one:

And here is a pic of the car with the new bumper, the stock one is still mounted behind the T-Bone one:

Yes, they screw up the whole look of your car, but they are nice and wide, so they protect as much as possible, and anyone that had an T-Bone bumper in hands, know that they look and feel very durable!
Mounting is very easy, just 4 screws and they are on the car.
The holes are good, so no problems there.
But I noticed a potential problem, because they are so wide, they are almost walking against the wheel, the is only 1,5cm between the tire, and the bumper, as you can see here:

So there is space, but I don't know if there is when you are driving and the tires are balooning..
So, that is the front, now for the rear.
The rear without the T-Bone bumper:

And with the bumper, again the stock bumper is still in place:

Also, with the rear bumper, came a delrin rod, I don't know why, maybe for the optional wheelybar?

Again the screws deliverd with the bumper are the wrong ones, so I had to use my own ones, but again the mounting was no problem, the holes are drilled at the right places.

And a last pic, from the side of the RC, with the bumpers mounted:

So, my first thougts:

Pro's:

The bumpers fit very good, no modifications needed.
Very though, yet flexable, so very durable.
Optional wheelybar, wich always can be handy!

Con's:

The wrong screws are deliverd with the bumpers, maybe you can use them, but I didn't because of the threat.

Might be a con:

The space between the tire and the front bumper.

I hope it was informative!

Best Regards,

Ruud