R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sweep F1 tyres.
Thread: Sweep F1 tyres.
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 AM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
I've only run the v1 tires and we found them to have very poor grip on the asphalt and uncontrollable traction roll coupled with below average rear grip on the carpet.
Thanks. yes. V1 is in recall.

Originally Posted by RCformula1
There's nothing more frustrating than an undriveable car. Don't buy the v1's. They're $5 for a reason

Here's the latest testing on the version 2 Sweeps and initial results are positive:

http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...p-ver2-testing
Thanks for a video mate!

Originally Posted by J.Gonzalez
John from Sweeps USA sent me a few tires to test and he asked if I could do a quick report.

I tested on an unprepared track that is somewhat dusty. Grip is low to medium and surface is medium to coarse grade asphalt. Surface is quickly blown clean and no further prep to racing surface.

I ran the medium front and soft rears as this seemed to be the best combo for this track. I also let a bunch of the local guys that run pit 571/572 tires test them out.

The finding overall were that the laps times were nearly identical with sweep tires or traditional pit tires with 3 different drivers and 3 different cars. Overall the sweep tires generated more rear traction that pit 571/572 combo but slightly less front traction.

All drivers felt that the tires were good and could do similar lap times with both tires but with Sweep v2 tires the rear of the car felt more locked in. All drivers felt that the balance of the car shifted slightly to the rear when switching from pit to sweep tires.

I also tested the front hard tires and for this particular track the tires were a bit to hard for the temps and grip level. Car would understeer with hard compound tires. The hard tires would be more suited to hot track that has had some sort of surface prep.

The super soft rear tires were a bit to soft for this surface as it is fairly course. This tire would be better for carpet or smooth asphalt surface.

Overall consensus was that the tires had good grip and are great value when compared to pricing of pit 571/572 tires.

Jamie
Thanks Jaime. lets do some more at Carpets too.