R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCLAB 7even Cars.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 03:24 AM
MYXTYPLYX
Tech Addict

seaball- Glad to hear you got a 7even.

As for the belt, have you tried switching the front and rear? Sometimes there might be a bit of a diff. enough to bind.
You might also want to set the chassis on a flat surface first then try installing the top plate. If you have to push apart the motor mounts and the bulkheads then you are bowing the chassis and will cause the belt to be too tight. If this is the case, shave some off the front and rears of the top plates so that it just drops into place without tweeking the chassis. The belt will still be tight but you should be able to use a tentioner to clear your batts. Run a couple of packs and the belts will loosen.

Check to make sure that your diffs. are set in the bulkheads and spin free with the top plate and shock tower on.(Leave the pulley off till last so you can check with the belt off to the side.

Also make sure that the pulleys are not binding in between the bearings. There should be a little play in there to keep it free.

All the 7even cars I've seen have a drivetrain that's more efficient than most cars out there. Yours should be too.

I would leave the steering system stock before you start modifying the car. Get a feel for the car once you get it set right. This way you can tell if your modification has improved the car or not. I have not had any cause or wish to alter the steering system on this car. I think you will be too.

Anyone else have anything to add, feel free.

Let us know how it works out.