R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum receivers require separate llow-voltage failsafe unit..?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Jerm13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
Using it to power the Rx on my 8ight 2.0 nitro. The Rx is sr201 and twice now my setup has gone rogue and twitchy from low battery. Perks right up again with a fresh one. So I am looking for better low voltage protection.

Savox 1258tg's.

Thanks for the reply!
Got a couple possible solutions for you.

First is the free one. Re-bind you RX and TX. When you bind them, set the fail safe for full brakes so if the issue happens, you wont have a runaway car. Make sure both you RX pack and TX batteries are fully charged also.

Second. Go buy a RX cap for about $8. Spekturm/ Novak and some other companies make them. Pug it into another port on the RX. This will help keep constant voltage on the RX. Savox are known for being power hungry and this has help a lot of people in gas and electric cars.

3rd. Get another RX. It could be as simple as just being bad. Dont know how or why they crap out but they do. Before you trash it, make sure there isnt any dirt in it and try it in another car. Who knows.

And last. Get new servos. Like I said before, Savox are power hungry. I personnaly didnt like them and switched to another brand. But I know people who swear by them.

Good luck.Le us know