R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rubber Tire touring car racing...
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 03:32 PM
frozenpod
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as stated this is on asphelt and the 1 second increase was for tyres which has done one final and three heats.

You can use all the tracktion compound on the world it still want be as good. I have tried most brands of tires

Take offs sorex shumizu ride yokomo and kyosho.

the ones which are crap and are certainly not as good as the others are take offs ride and yokomo there were some other no name type brands I tried but they aren'[t worth mentioning.

sorex were ok but I had lots of trouble with the 32's going off. I have since found out that the 32's have a very limited tempreature range.

shumizu were a very good all round tire undoubtably the most well constructed

kyosho provided very good grip for longer as I run my tires usually untill they fall apart I use these and have been for the last 6 months they are also about 2 or 3 dollars cheaper per pair over shumizu.

the kyosho tires are more of a compound tires as the rubber wears off were as take off are a tempreature tire and have to get to tempreature before they grip and by there nature of design they will be only good for the first or second heat cycle. If you use a new set on one end of your car at the end of the second run the old tyres start to losse grip when you start the third and the olds are on the rear it's slide city. Nearly as bad as drifting