R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is your favorite Radio for on-road racing?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:26 PM
hyujmn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tigwldr
With both the 4pls and MT-4 being in the same price range. What makes you choose one over the other?
I had the same dilemma you did. I ended up going with the MT4 because of its smaller size. Also, you can get the Sanwa 92524 receivers which are relatively cheap if you have an arsenal of cars.

I thought I would use the telemetry stuff but I never got around to installing it. Also the MT4 using FHSS-3 receivers are "faster", but I don't see any difference in response time.

One drawback with the Airtronics transmitters, however, is that their receivers are pretty freakin' large when compared to some of its competitors. If you have a servo that mounts in an east/west position, it doesn't matter much, but if you have an older car that has the receiver mounted north/south, you might have to put the receiver on top of the servo, depending on what ESC you run.

I was able to fit a 92524 receiver along with a Hobbywing Justock and a Savox 1251 all on the bottom of an Xray T2. The larger RX-461 telemetry receiver is too big to mount on the bottom.