R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
silencery
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
I was careful not to mention any track by name cause my comments on carpet as a racing surface were not intended in any way to be an indictment of this particular track, it's management, or the facility itself. From what I personally experienced in my one visit there, everything was top rank, so that explains why I lasted for 3 hours. I tried very hard to enjoy my time there, but finally gave up and went home. If you like carpet, this would be a great track for you and the hobby shop is excellent.
Yeah, I understood that since you were clear from the beginning and careful to leave out names. It was probably my mistake to mention names as well.

Your explanation is much appreciated; since getting back into RC, I've only been on carpet, so I was just asking to understand the differences.

I myself have a lot of fun on carpet, but everyone has different opinions which I respect.

All that aside, I think everyone knows TQ is a top notch facility. Out of all the tracks I've been to, Sean seems to have everything well-balanced. The race events are organized, great parts support, prices are competitive, inventory is always accurate, and sean's a nice guy and great racer on top of all that. In an environment where we've just lost 2 tracks in just as many weeks, I personally appreciate his effort and having somewhere to play with our toys