R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM
eR1c
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a general question for all of you,
(yes, I have read through many of the pages in this thread)

I am looking to get a touring car, and was almost set on the Assosicated TC6.1, I can get it for about $340 shipped.

I just found out about the Spec-R touring cars and am considering one instead.
I currently only race a mini on-road class right now. I don't see myself racing a touring car as I just don't have time at the moment and probably not for a few years (so this wouldn't be for serious competitive racing). I do plan to run this about 50% on an on-road asphalt track (just practice sessions) and 50% (smooth) parking lot near my house.

1) Are you guys generally happy w/ your Spec-R's? Are they durable, good quality, any problems I should be aware of, or parts that should be replaced during initial build?

2) Is the base model which retails for about $120 pretty good? -it is an incredible price, ..I don't care about carbon fiber, -i've used graphite, aluminums and hard plastics in other R/C applications w/ similar results. Is that the big difference in price between the $120 base model and the $320 high end model? -or are there other differences as well?

thanks,
(not trying to hi-jack the thread ...yet figured as you guys all own one or more Spec-R1's you'd know them pretty well).