R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:28 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
Thanx, good tip. I've used it on the tranny before and can't remember why I stopped. I run the tranny gears dry now-----probably due to laziness. May go back and try it again on the next diff rebuild.

While we're passing tips around, this is one for the guys who have the R1Wurks Mini universals. On occasion the pin in the universals can work loose which can really bugger up the steering uprights. They used a 3X3mm set screw to hold the pin. IMO the screw is too short and there isn't enough thread to hold the loctite so the screw will loosen. Use a 3X4 or even a 3X5 if it won't rub and run it in on the opposite side. After doing that, you can replace the 3X3 on the opposite side. So far, I haven't needed to

I can see you guys don't play with trains.
I use graphite powder on gears. As in pure graphite (the stuff in your old wood pencils - kinda). You can find it in railway modelling shops. Be careful where you put your fingers after using it though, you will leave fingerprints for a month afterwards. The powder is extremely fine and creates a smudge on everything it comes in contact with.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Kadee...-p/kad-231.htm