R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
FALCON-LORD
Tech Adept

I just don't know which to get the "T", or "E".
Wow Now there is a loaded question.

I can only talk from experiance about the E-Maxx, but by reading accross these forums I think I can give a bit of the view that seems to be held.

T Vs E. The E-Max has more Torque off the line, but once the T gets it's revs spun up it will cain the E. The E is obviosly vastly quiter. so if you want to run it in a built up area without incuring the wrath of your neighbours then it is the way to go.

Nitro Vs Electric. Basicly Nitro has it all over Electric for out and out high end speed. But, you have to break in a Nitro engine (Lots of threads around here covering that) and they have to be tuned and looked after a little more. Apparently once you get them running the Nitro ends up being cheaper in the long run (I can't see it myself but that apears to be the general concensus)

From the reading I have done, I would not buy a T-Maxx. I would be chosing between the HPI Savage or the Traxxas Revo. if I were to move towards Nitro.

For me electric was a desision made because of the fact it is easier. First you have to chose Nitro or electric, what suits your Hobby style. Once you make that desision, then select within the range available for your fuel source.