R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Important,read this thread. Wicked Weekend
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM
scottike
Tech Addict

Default Yes indeed

Originally Posted by jbranscum09
While there is an obvious lack of truggies at our track, our other 1/8th scale classes (nitro buggy and ebuggy) are doing great. We consistently see a bigger turn out for 1/8th scale than we do for 1/10th scale. Our ebuggy class has flourished as of late and even the novice class has a fair amount of 1/8th scale vehicles. Maybe we are an anomoly in the region, but we are very much trending towards the 1/8th scale stuff.
I very much know that in East TN 1/8 scale is alive and well. I noted several of yall's drivers at many of the big events and also at your track as well. My intention with my post is to try to educate the newbies as well as the novice, sportsmen, and pro drivers that we need to get together and understand that we are a great sport first, and second that we are competing against all other sports such as football, baseball, basketball, etc.. And it would be better advised to have a newbie come into the sport with equipment he can race with, and not get discouraged because he can't run with the regulars and mainly that he has wasted his money on a truck that he will run in most cases a short time. The RC industry understands that selling two trucks is better than one. And to the RC regulars now, get your girls and boys interested in this sport. You get a super bonus by first being with your kids during the weekend and second exposing them to our sport. I know this first hand, my son was 10 when we started together, he is now 19 and we will never forget the times we had together. Ps. Thanks for not mentioning the nitro vs elect argument, it was not my intention to bring that wore out issue us again. My point is getting the right vehicle the first time....Thank you, owner THE HAWK PIT..