R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno SCT410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Mizchief
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cottonme173
So, I have Turnigy Nano-tech 6000mah 65-130C batteries and if I run more then 8-9 minutes they get hot and puff up....

I want to get away from cheap Asian batteries. However, I also can not spend a fortune on batteries at this time. So, having said all of that :-) and also realizing that this is a heavy truck and I have a wicked strong amp sucking Motor and ESC powering this baby (Gen2 RX8, Pro4 HD 4300) what is a recommendation for an affordable battery that is "race quality" (though I am not)? I am looking to invest in 1-2 batteries, but I am looking at the 100 dollar price point each, or less is better

I'm not looking to run forever, but would like to be able to get in around 10 minutes of practice at a time if possible without becoming "Puff the magic dragon" on the track.
SMC 7200 race formula: http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=115

$65

I can get about 12mins of practice out of them at 3.0v cutoff per cell and have only been in one 10min main with it and made it though, but due to having two short motor wires the end bell of the 4300 came off and I had to coast into the finish line. I'm not sure how the motor was still functioning but can't say for sure if I was losing any punch or not.