R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom
Bill,
Thanks so much for your reply. We do not have a "drivers stand" here so when we race I use a small step ladder so that I can look down on the track. I also get better video's of the action that way. I'll do that for the next one.
The GoPro camera doesn't have a zoom feature. I have it attached to my baseball hat so it always films what I'm looking at. If you follow this link to a oval touring car race a couple of months ago you'll see what I mean. (My car is the red Porsche 911 GT1).
http://youtu.be/7cVVsj_7GjM

I really worry about the 1S Lipo voltage. This is why.......if I program my ESC to cutoff @ 3.0v the car will only run about 20 secs before shutting down. If I set it to "not protected" then I can get proper run times at the risk of not know what my finishing voltage will be. It can also be set at 2.6, 2.8, 3.2, & 3.4v/cell. Where do you set yours? Any advice? This single cell Lipo stuff is all new to me.
Ah yes, I remember those fun years of step ladder racing in parking lots around the SF Bay Area. That last video of your touring car from the middle of the long side of the court was great.

As I remember that Novak 1S Voltage Booster on you car already has a voltage cutoff built into it; so, you would not want to run any cutoff via the ESC when you have this booster. I have been warned that anything under 3.3 volts is questionable. This is the minimum voltage that certain suppliers warn about. So, for my WGT 6-minute races, 3.75 volts is probably as low as I get at the end of a run. And I use somewhere between 3.75-3.85 volts as my storage voltage when I won't be racing for a week or two.

FYI...I am a proponent for using the highest rated batteries available. I tend to cycle my packs no more than 120 times before replacing them; whereas, they are probably pretty good for 300 cycles. But, I am not retired yet...LOL

Bill