R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati OH 2013/2014
Old 08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
1gdsmracer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I agree with laymon, 17.5 is not a spec class and never has been. I get trying to keep cost down and keep it fair but this is not the class to do it in, there are vta and usgt classes for the budget racer and the spec racing enthusiasts. One of the big parts of being a good 17.5 racer is having the proper equipment and know how to setup your can and to choose the best compound for the track as it changes. I also have to agree jaco blues are one of the worst tires I have ran, they don't last as long and have really weak wheels that bend and also cost more then almost every other tire out there. Also you are letting people run D3.5 so they don't have to buy a motor, well most of us have way more then 90 bucks that a motor cost in tires sitting in our bag and now we are being forced to buy new tires that we don't have and buy ones a lot of us don't want. If 17.5 is getting spec tires why not 1/12 scale as well?