R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 AM
cryofix
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A little about my driving, I am not a pro, but I am not a hack, I finish mostly top 5 in the A's and can run a 6 min qualifier with minimal mistakes.

I was an early adopter of this buggy, and since I have been driving it over 1 year of outdoor use in the northeast I have broken:

6-7 front arms, Max 3 were my fault (still using normal not HD, normal have been better in warmer weather)
4 sets of servo gears (due to saver spring) Savox 2274 SG and loosening the spring has stopped this.
3 shock shafts, one resulted in the loss of a Kyosho orange spring (normal jump, normal landing)
2 dogbones The most recent was Yesterday
Inner motor mount had to be replaced, even with loctite the bottom screw would back out, and allow the motor to angle, loosening the pinion gear and driving it back into the motor mount block.

Before I could figure out what was up with the motor mount I had some over current situations where the motor was drawing so hard it was de-soldering my deans connections

While I am not meticulous about maintenance, these items are all tough if not impossible to diagnose, prior to a race.

I also have a first run SCT410 that lends to the frustrations, especially a double DNF...