R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF101
Thread: TRF101
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Meilleur
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by aussierevo
Raced again last car and car went really well except for one annoying habit, part car part driver.

The aluminum balls that go into the lower front arm popped out each race last night after hitting some piping, but would not be a big hit in any way or I've never once had this happen with the F104 pro over 3 years of racing using the same parts.

I have replaced the lower arm with a new arm thinking it would help but again last night it happened again.

Is there a better aluminum ball that can be used that people have found might be of use.
Maybe this might help. I had a problem with the kingpin pulling out of the bottom ball and occasionally losing a ball. In your case, what may be happening is that as the spring compresses and the kingpin raises up, it only makes contact with the upper most portion of the ball. And the kingpin ends up acting like a crow bar and yanking the ball out. Make sure that the kingpin sits low into the bottom ball. When looking at the kingpin from the top, I had about a 1mm sticking out. I ended up lowering it till it sat about 1-2 mm below the top of the top pivot ball. Also check that the steering stop on the bottom arm is not broken at the base. You don't have to replace the arm. Instead, I just put a screw in from the bottom. After I fixed those items, I haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.