R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

The TCS nationals were just completed a few hours ago. Just thought I'd pass on a few of the things we found out about the new S-Grip premounts. The most important is to not round the the edges to prevent traction rolling. You wind up with a very unpredictable tire. Yes, i know it sounds like a good idea, but it definitely is not. They can be used as rear tires, but not for the fronts.

Everyone was using cyano on the front tires, but some were doing the rear tires too. Seems to be a 50/50 split on that. I just cyanod the outside of the fronts and did nothing to the rears. Did not have any rolling problems at all.

If anyones interested, I qualified 7th and finished 7th. Could and should have finished one, possibly 2 spots higher, but that's racing. I'm very content with my results cause my driving skills are not top rank. The car was very good and for some reason was running a little flatter than most. A very talented, relative newcomer to Minis, Bensi Lopez won the Trip to Japan. Bensi is an experienced racer, but took a few years off to play golf and came back 2or 3 years ago.

Set ups are all over the place, but are still pretty close to the set ups I've posted several times. Diffs are a little tighter than before and all the front runners, except one used the M03.

As always, the opinions expressed are mine and mine alone. They are not meant to offend you or any of your long held convictions.